Hospitality & Outreach
An often-used word within church settings is “Stewardship.” I used to think of stewardship strictly in the financial sense. I was wrong. “Stewardship” pertains to ALL the ways we can serve our God and our neighbor.
Another time honored description of church involvement is “Time, Talent, and Treasure.” We think a better way of looking at it is a way of offering our differing gifts, and we have all been given unique abilities by our Lord.
Consider yourself a grateful caretaker of the many gifts with which you’ve been blessed. We offer an opportunity to share those gifts.
You will find that personal interaction and service to others will touch your heart, your soul and your mind. Plus, we have a great deal of fun while we’re at it! You will feel a sense of “home” and “community” that has the power to change your outlook on life.
Here are just a few ways that we offer hospitality within St. John’s and within the city:
- Greeter at worship services
- Sponsor new members (a very easy process)
- Central Iowa Shelter & Services
- Lunches for Mid-Week Music
- Beloved Community Meals on Wednesday evenings
- Receptionist at the front desk
- Meals from Heart (on an as-needed rotating basis – family with a new baby, loss of a loved one, home from the hospital, etc.)
- Church mailings or special projects
- Calls to members
Please prayerfully consider how you may serve God and your neighbor. Even if you aren’t an “official” member of St. John’s, you are welcome to participate in worship or any activity. We welcome your involvement. Contact Katie Tippins, Hospitality & Outreach Coordinator, at 515-243-7691 or firstname.lastname@example.org.