INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMMUNION ASSISTANTS:
- Please come up to the altar after the Lord’s Prayer. Along with the Acolytes, you will be served communion first.
- You will be given the pouring chalice and purificator (the napkin). The pastors will let you know which one of them you will be serving with while you are at the Altar.
- Follow along after the pastor you are serving with and pour wine into the communicant’s cup. While pouring the wine, please say “The Blood of Christ, Shed for You”.
- Fill the cup approximately half full. After pouring for each communicant, follow the pastor back up to the altar and place the chalice on the altar.
- Then return to your seat.
*We have added a communion station at the cross-aisle at the 10:00 a.m. service. This means that after you have communed at the altar, two of you will be given bread and trays of pre-filled communion cups. You will leave the altar area by the side door and walk together down the center aisle to the cross aisle. There are tables there to place the extra trays on and baskets for the empty cups. You will face the entrance to the sanctuary and the ushers will guide the people to you.