Director of Youth Ministry
The Director of Youth Ministry proclaims the love of God for all people through organization and implementation of ministry with and to the middle school and high school students of St. John’s Lutheran Church. This full-time position reports to and collaborates with the pastoral staff.
- Plan and coordinate scripture-, prayer- and service-based youth programming for the sake of nurturing and deepening the life of faith.
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with youth.
- Plan, coordinate and lead regular events for confirmation study and youth fellowship.
- Maintain regular outreach/service events.
- Plan, promote and coordinate leadership for youth trips (local and ELCA-sponsored) for confirmation, fellowship and service purposes.
- Work cooperatively with Youth Ministry Advisory Council (YMAC) for support of programming at local & synod levels.
- Cultivate a team of mentors along with creative strategies to encourage natural congregational and parental involvement.
- Love for and knowledge of Scripture and an understanding of Lutheran theology.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including facility with social media.
- Must embody a love for youth of all ages.
- Have work and/or volunteer experience with middle school/high school youth.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant experience.
Please submit both a resume and cover letter via email to Senior Pastor, Rachel Thorson Mithelman, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 30, 2017.