“Bear one another’s burdens…and so fulfill the law of Christ.”
As a Stephen Ministry congregation, we have trained members of our congregation who are available on a referral basis to meet with members of the congregation to listen, to pray, and to offer Christian love in times of transition and crisis.
A Stephen Minister is...
- a child of God who walks beside a hurting person
- a caring, Christian friend who really listens
- a lay person who has received 50 hours of training in how to provide distinctively Christian care
A Stephen Minister is NOT...
- a counselor or therapist
- a problem-solver
- a casual visitor
Stephen Ministry helps meet the needs of individuals who are...
- terminally ill
- in a job crisis
- new members of the church
- in a spiritual crisis
- looking for a caring, Christian friend
All ministers involved in Stephen Ministry abide by the rule that all discussions and observations concerning those receiving care must remain confidential.
If you or someone you know would like to serve as one of these competent Christian caregivers or if you are a person who could use some extra support for your journey, be sure to contact Pastor Bob Speirs.