Meets 4th Wednesday (check calendar for time) in Rose Holm Lounge at the church to discuss a designated book.
Facilitator: Carol MacDonald, email@example.com
The Recreational Book Club is for people who like to read books and talk about them. How many times have you read a great book and just want to share it with someone or read a bad book and you want to vent? We select our books in August for the year. Everyone gets to select the books, which is a great plus because everyone has different tastes in books and we end up reading books that we might not have selected. We usually read some of the best sellers in fiction and nonfiction, but also have a classic or two. Besides discussing the books, we can end up discussing current events, ourselves or any other topics that surface. We usually meet in Rose Holm at 4:30 on the 4th Wednesday of the month. It’s a great way to get to know people at St. John’s.
Book Club 2016-2017 Reads
- September 28th: The State of Jones by Sally Jenkins and John Stauffer
- October 26th: Stoned by Aja Raden
- November 16th (a week earlier because of Thanksgiving): The Noise of Time by Julian Barnes
- December 28th: The Supremes at Earl's All You Can Eat by Edward Kelsey Moore
- January 25th: The Sympathizerby Vietnam Thanh Nguyen
- February 22nd: Men We Reaped by Jesmyn Ward
- March 22nd: The Muralist by B. A. Shapiro
- April 26th: A Manual for Cleaning Women by Lucia Berlin
- May 24th Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
The book club meets the 4th Wednesday of the month with an exception (November is one week earlier due to Thanksgiving). We meet in Rose Holm at 4:30 pm. Anyone can come for any discussion or for all of them. Contact Carol MacDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The group takes a break for the summer months.