Mission Statement: Our mission is to provide opportunities for women to create community and experience personal and spiritual growth.
WIRED (Women Interested in Renewal, Education, and Discovery) is for women of all ages, members and non-members. There will be three WIRED Gatherings per year--some to get together and visit over lunch, then enjoy a program (speaker of interest to women) and others as an interactive activity. Small groups meet based on special interests.
ACTIVITIES FOR THE YEAR 2018
The Fall WIRED Event
Sunday, September 30, 2018
Half day retreat at Lake Ahquabi Lodge, 12:30 - 4:30; fireplace, woods, trails, etc. Put it on your calendar and watch for details as fall approaches.
Let us know if you are interested in attending any of these activities by e-mailing Karen Zaabel, firstname.lastname@example.org
WIRED Small Groups:
All of these groups are open to all women. Please e-mail the facilitator to let her know of your interest and get more information.
- COOKING CLASSES: Carol Lunde (email@example.com) is the facilitator for this group. Meets quarterly. Contact Carol for the next event.
- BOOK DISCUSSION: Meets about every 6 weeks to discuss a book chosen the previous time. The next meeting is Tuesday, September 18th to read the book “Bear Town”, by Fredrik Backman. We will meet at Pam Hanna's at 6:00. Her address is 3739 155th Ct., Urbandale. Bring an hors d’oeuvre to share. Please let Pam know if you will attend by emailing her at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if you have questions contact Pam or myself at Ddonald126@aol.com.
- WOMEN’S NIGHT OUT: Jacque Warming (email@example.com) and Darla Stiles (firstname.lastname@example.org) facilitate this group. Meets quarterly. Watch for the next fall event.
- SERVICE/LEARNING PROJECTS: The WIRED group selects one or more groups in the community for a service learning project each year in January.
- YOGA: Yoga instructor, Corinne Lambert, comes to St. John’s Thursdays at 5:45 to 6:45 pm in the Fireside Lounge. The current session runs until May 31. Cost: $10 an evening. Contact her at 515-556-3679 or e-mail Corinne at email@example.com if you are interested in joining the group.
- Renewal & Discovery Spirituality Group---Contact: Karen Zaabel firstname.lastname@example.org A group gathers monthly to discuss books that challenge them to understand and grow in their spirituality.
- Women at the Well--A support team was formed with 4 members to support a woman recently released from the Iowa Correctional Institution for Women in Mitchellville to help her transition back into the community. This involves issues of resettlement, education, addition treatment, health care, and acquiring the life skills needed to succeed in the community. We appreciate your prayers.
If you have suggestions or know someone who would be a good speaker for any of these WIRED gatherings that would be of interest to women, please let one of the planning team know.
Wired Planning Team:
Sue Tew Warming, email@example.com ; Karen Zaabel, firstname.lastname@example.org; Carol Lunde, email@example.com; Deb Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org; Sue Ging, email@example.com; Sarah Thorn, firstname.lastname@example.org; Heidi Pollmann, email@example.com
Interested? If you are interested in WIRED please call or e-mail Karen Zaabel at firstname.lastname@example.org or any of the WIRED Planning Team above to let us know of your interest.